Delivery & VAT
Tracking Your Delivery
‘Aline Mobility’ mainly uses a Royal Mail Tracked Delivery service so you can be assured of the best the UK delivery network has to offer. We also do our level best to keep the cost of any orders as low as possible for you. There is FREE DELIVERY* on all orders over £20.00 excluding VAT to all UK mainland addresses and for most non-mainland UK addresses. Orders under £5 excluding VAT are £2.95 and orders up to £20.00 excluding VAT are only £3.95 P&P no matter how many items make up your order.
If you are looking to have orders delivered outside the UK mainland, please enquire for specific delivery prices and we'll do our best to keep the delivery costs as low as we can.
Processing & Dispatch of Your Order
All orders received before 2pm, Monday – Friday, will be processed the same day. Orders are sent using the most efficient and reliable service, mostly via Royal Mail but for larger orders we also use other couriers such as Yodel, UPS, Hermes, or TNT. These services vary from 1-5 business days delivery, on rare occasions may take slightly longer. Some of our larger products/special order products (e.g. some rise recline chairs, power chairs, electric beds) are made to order so will need more time. Under the Distance Selling Regulations, we have 30 days to deliver to you but please be assured that we strive to deliver as quickly as possible – most routine and in stock orders within 48hrs!
For some of our Larger items including mobility scooters, delivery will be arranged with our own ‘Aline Mobility’ delivery team, for example with Rise Recline Chairs, Electric Beds, Mobility Scooters and Mobile Hoists, our delivery team will book a mutually preferred delivery date and slot (A.M or P.M) and the equipment will be delivered and fully set up for you, so you have piece of mind that huge boxes will not just turn up on your front doorstep at an unknown time, for you to put the equipment together yourself.
* Our free delivery or standard delivery charge is applicable to deliveries to mainland UK and is applicable to most orders going beyond the mainland. However, delivery to the Scottish Isles and Highlands, the Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland as well as the Channel Islands may be extra depending on the weight or size of your order. Please call us if you would like some more information. Alternatively, if our Customer Services team is not available, you are welcome to place your order if you live in one of these destinations, and we will call you if there is an extra charge for delivery. We certainly deliver smaller items to all these destinations for our standard delivery fee.
Out Of Stock
Occasionally we might be out of stock of an item. In this situation we will try to contact you by phone or email to let you know. If you would rather not wait for the item to come into stock/be delivered, then we can offer the option to cancel your order with a full refund if you would rather not wait or would prefer not to receive a suitable alternative.
Returns and Refunds Guarantee
We guarantee your satisfaction. All of our products come with a 14 day return and full refund, as long as returned to us as received. Unopened/Boxed/Unused.
The only exception to our returns is that we cannot offer refund or returns on any hygiene products – due to health and hygiene reasons – this includes any incontinence products - washable and disposable, slings, any bedding and beds, toilet and bathroom aids, Or Any special order in items e.g made to measure items, special order scooters, special install items e.g stairlfits, ceiling hoists,etc.
Please contact us prior to ordering your item if you are unsure re the returns process.
All products come with a manufacturers guarantee - normally 1 year, and sometimes more for items such as Rise and Recline chairs, some scooters, stairlifts and ceiling hoists etc. Please contact us if your product becomes faulty within your manufacturers guarantee period and we will arrange the necessary arrangements required for faulty returns/repairs etc.
VAT Exemption for the disabled
What is VAT Exemption / Relief?
To attempt to simplify what appears to be a complicated system, we have put together this guide that we hope helps you understand who is and who isn't eligible to claim VAT relief on disability aids available to buy on our website.
Put simply, VAT exemption allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% rather than 20% VAT - thus saving them a significant amount of money. It is normally far easier to claim this exemption when buying online. Online shops, like ourselves, are set up to allow you to answer simple questions, in the comfort of your own home. High Street retailers are generally not.
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria:
Charities - simply provide your charity number.
A person is 'chronically sick or disabled' if he/she is a person:
- With a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities; with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
Incontinence products are zero rated for personal use. Only if you are buying a larger quantity of incontinence products, we will ask you to complete a simple form.
In order to waive VAT on an eligible purchase, the government requires a simple declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what their chronic sickness or disability is. We don't need a doctor's letter or any reference numbers.
The above information can be provided during the online checkout or if you order by phone or post we will send you a form & a freepost return envelope asking you for the above information. All this information is collected over our secure connection and we keep it completely confidential.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Bath Aids, Bath Lifts, Mobility Aids, Toileting Aids, Wheelchairs, Magnifying Glasses & many more daily living aids and care equipment. If an item is displayed as 'Available VAT Exemption' or the price is shown "with VAT Relief" on our site, and you are eligible (as above) then you are entitled to buy these products with VAT Relief.
0% Rated for VAT
Incontinence products are zero rated and you will only be asked to tick a quick declaration if you are buying larger quantities - this is to confirm they are for personal use or being sold to a charitable institution. However, this relief does not apply to any supplies made to or for the NHS or non-charitable nursing homes and hospitals or other similar institutions.
Prices shown with "0% Rated for VAT" can be bought at this rate for personal use and for charities.
Things to Remember
- We do NOT decide if an item is or isn't exempt and we don't make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don't charge you VAT.
- If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you the full prevailing VAT on the whole of your order.
- Not all products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT at the prevailing rate for those products that are not VAT exempt, even after you complete this form.
- Click here to visit the government page which details VAT relief for relevant persons : https://www.gov.uk/financial-help-disabled/vat-relief . It also has links to other financial help if you are disabled.